Saturday, April 19, 2014

April 19 -Hotel Jinjiang

As is turned out, the encounter was quite smooth.  As soon as I checked out of the hotel and gathered my belongings, three people stood there and stared at me.  I approached them and asked, " Are any of you looking for Tracey?"  The female (interpreter) smiled and said, "Yes, we are."  Amy, the Chinese translator was accompanied by the principal, Mr. Liang Lai Cheng and the Director of Exam Studies.
  After all that needless worrying, I ended up at a hotel rather than  a home.   Mr. Liang explained that  he has a small apartment and thought I'd be more comfortable with my own space.  At first I wasnt sure if I was thrilled or highly disappointed, but  it has turned out to be great.  Mr. Liang hired two teachers to stay next door to me who are "my assistants".  I spent the day with my hosts touring the city, "banqueting" at lunch time, and a  brief vistit to our school -yes it is Saturday.... the senior 3 students have school on Saturdays in order to prepare for the entrance exam to a university.  The test is given on two full days in June.
My hosts have been very accomodating and hospitable.  I have teachers form my school who are considered to be "my assistants", staying in the hotel room next door to me.  They have taken me out and showed me all around the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment